Neodymium Magnet Safety Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Good Guys Crafts does not assume nor accept any liabilities for damages resulting from the handling or usage of magnets. By purchasing products from Good Guys Crafts, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages, and the magnets damages.

To ensure the highest quality products, we use N52 grade neodymium magnets. They're strong. They must be handled with great care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers and other body parts can get severely pinched between two attracting magnets. Neodymium magnets are hard and brittle. They can chip, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. Electronics such televisions, VCR, computer monitors and other CRT displays can also be damaged.

Small children should not be allowed to play with neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any body part. Older children should be supervised.One should avoid having constant contact with magnets of any size and keep a distance of at least 3 feet to large magnets. So, it is with the iron items in your home, such as knife, spoons and forks.

Never allow neodymium magnets near a person with a pacemaker or similar medical device. The strong magnetic fields of the magnets can affect the operation of such devices.